August 30, 2012

August 30, 2012

So its been nine days and I have my first personal day, so I can finally email! It has been really tough, but I have also enjoyed the expirence very much. Spanish is coming. Right now I know more Spanish vocab than anyone in my district and my companion and I are probably speaking the best Spanish as well. I know for a fact that the gift of tounges is a real thing. Ok well I will explain wahat has happened day by day. On day one everything was so paniced and rushe.....well atleast from my point of view. Staci droped me off and the rushed me in right away and I got my missionary name tags and my MTC ID card and some other good stuff. I alos met my companion Elder Williams. Elder Williams had a really tough time and pretty much didnt want to be here at all. Then later I had dinner and had my first class right after that. On thursday I started Spanish and since then all of my prayers have been in Spanish. We got through the day after a lot of work and then we met our Branch President thurdasy night. Elder Williams meeting with the branch president didnt go so well, so the next day he had to meet with the District president where I waited in the secratarys office for almost 8 hours...ugh! When it was all done Elder Williams told me he was going home. He left half an hour later. I''m pretty sure it wasn''t worthieness issues, but he was complaining about how hard it is here and his grilfriend held him back. But this was a really good thing for me because I then got a new comp named Elder Mijangos we are both going to Guatemala and we both have strong desires to work hard and be exactly obident. Elder Mijangos and I have been teaching our first investigator (all in Spanish) and it has gone really well. So besides working everyday, not too much has been going on around here. The work here is a lot harder than college, but it is easy to do knowing that I''m not doing this for myself. The MTC is planning on having me fly out to the Guatemala MTC on September 11th (great day to fly eh?)......I''m super excited to get there because the work here gets really old fast. Well I love you all very much!!!

Elder Simon    

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is great! Thanks so much for getting this blog going, it will really help us all feel like we know what is going on with Drew. Drew you are a great example and I know it isn't the easiest right now but you will be rewarded for all your hard work. We love you lots.

    ReplyDelete