September 12, 2012

September 12, 2012


His plane left Salt Lake last night at 8p.m. and he flew to Los Angeles and then he had a 4 hour layover and then flew from there straight to Guatemala City and got there around 6a.m. this morning.  We were able to talk to him on the phone last night from the Los Angeles airport and he sounded great, very happy and excited to get to Guatemala.  Today we received the following e-mail from him:

Hey, I hope you feel much better knowing that I madeit here safely. It
isnt too much more different from the states when you are in the
city.......except for the drivers. The MTC is really nice and the food
tast way better than it did in Provo. It wont be tasting this good in
the field though. I got some sleep on the flight down, but not enough.
I have a full day ahead of me and I feel as though I could pass out
any second from my lack of sleep. I also dont understand this crazy
waveof humidity everyone is talking about. It is way hard to type on a
Spanish keyboard. Hopefulyby the time I send my next email I will be
able to tell you how you can contact me. It is awesome being here and
my Spanish should get good really fast.

                                Elder Drew Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment