September 22, 2012

September 22, 2012


Everything is going great here in Guatemala. I love it here and the lationos are so much fun to hang out with. I have been playing soccer everyday for about an hour. They all think Im the best goalie here, but it is because the goals are so small I just pretend Im playing goalie in hockey, which includes droping to the ground to black shots and scraping my knees. I just bought a Guatemala soccer jersey for ten bucks so I really am excited to wear it. We had a soccer team of all gringos beat the latinos, which was probably the most exciting thing that has happened here. On monday they are taking us out into neighborhoods in the city to go proseltying. Im super nervous because Im knocking on doors for real with only four weeks of Spanish. Wish me luck. If we find someone who is interested we might teach them a quick lesson, but then we fill out a referal for the Elders in the field. My Spanish is getting better and better everyday, today Im only speaking in Spanish and if I speak even one word in English I told my companion he can punch me. I have been having an issue now where when I speak English I ocassionaly throw words in in Spanish. For the last few days my companion and I have been going to the temple grounds and speaking to the members there. I´m writing a few letters home today so expect them in 2 weeks! haha I also hear that dear elders work over here so just send them with my address here if you want to write me..... Well I dont have much more to write about this week. I love you guys all very much and thank you all for your
support.      Elder Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment