September 30, 2012

September 29, 2012

Well I'm at that point where I´m only in the MTC for three more weeks until I go to the field. I'm so excited!! The last three weeks here in Guatemala went by way faster than the 3 weeks in Provo. This last week we went out into the city and got to knock on doors. My companion and I were able to get seven referrals from street contacting alone. It was really fun, but while I was in the middle of it I got a migraine (my spelling is horrible) it was a bad one and I felt at any second I could throw up, especially on the bus ride back......we took a public bus and they pack those things down here. They have people hanging off the edge of the bus just to hitch a ride. We saw a lot of interesting things while in the city contacting though. The street was filled with dog poop and then we saw a grown man pooping in the middle of the street. It sure is a different culture here! In two days all of the latinos here leave for the field and I'm going to miss all of them because they are all really awesome. My Spanish is getting better and better everyday here and I am very grateful to be at this MTC so that I can hear the language more often. Well I don't have much more to say, so I will write back next week. Elder Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment