October 21, 2012

October 20, 2012

So this was my last full week in the MTC. I’m going to the field on Tuesday!! I’m very excited to be serving people in the field. This last week we went contacting again. It was a very humbling experience because all of the homes had dirt floors with tin roofs. We found a cliff that went down into a junglish valley and on the edge of the cliff my companion and I saw stairs that went down the side of the cliff. I’m not going to lie, it felt just like what you would feel like when walking down the stairs of mordor up to the lair of the spider. We realized that there was a home down theses stairs and decided that we would contact them. When we were almost done walking down the stairs there was a freakish rabid dog that came out blocking the stairs and our path to the house. We decided to pray to know what we should do. During our prayer the dog turned around and ran down the stairs into the valley, my companion said "well that our answer!" and we left that home with a Book of Mormon. It was a great experience to have and I’m not even in the field yet. My Spanish is getting better and better every week and I feel ready for the field. I love you guys all very much and I ask you all to pray for this great work to continue. 
Elder Simon 

No comments:

Post a Comment