November 29, 2012

November 26, 2012


So this last week was my first Thanksgiving away from home. It was super different. They don’t celebrate Thanksgiving at all here in Guat so it is just another work day for missionaries. We got locked out of our house during the day because my comp left the keys in the house. So we had to try for like 2 hours to break into our house. To finish the night I decided I was going to buy 7 pupusas to celebrate Thanksgiving by myself. Usually 3 will fill me up, so 7 is sufficient for Thanksgiving. Well on Friday my body got the full affect of food poisoning for the first time. I was vomiting all day and got a fever of 101. It sucked. I was in bed until Sunday night. Now I can’t even think about eating a pupusas without wanting to puke. So my own personal Thanksgiving backfired on me. That was pretty much the only real exciting thing that happened all week. There just isn’t too much to write about when you spend most of the week in bed. As a missionary being sick is terrible and even worse for my comp because he is healthy and cannot do anything. ..........Well I just want to let you all know that I’m glad to be where I am. I know that I’m literally representing Jesus Christ. This is his work.
Elder Drew Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment