December 18, 2012

December 17, 2012


Dad asked me to email him something to be read in sacrament meeting this week. I typed it as a short message, and I’m just going to share that as my letter for everyone, because I’m too lazy to write more about my week. lol

Over 2000 years ago our redeemer and savior came to this earth. Once every year we have this holiday season that gives us the opportunity to sit back and reflect on this event. This Christmas season has been more different for me than any other I have had in my life. Not just because I’m spending it in a country that is nowhere near the same as the one I grew up in or because I’m speaking a whole new language, but what has truly made the Christmas season more different than any of those of my past; is that this is my first Christmas of which I’m a representative of that man whose life we are celebrating. This has given me the chance to reflect on the gratitude I have for him. He was born into this world as a normal human being as you and I. He felt sickness and pain as we do. But he grew up to be something more than us as natural men. He preformed miracles, served others, and fulfilled prophecy. "He is despised and rejected of men.....Surely He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted." (Isaiah 53:3-4) He is the man that went through the meat grinder of life alone in order to atone for our sins even though He did not have any. He is our savior and redeemer Jesus Christ and by Him and only through Him we can return to live in the presence of our creator. I encourage everyone to remember Him and keep His sacrifice in our thoughts this season.
Merry Christmas!
Elder Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment