January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013


I cannot believe that I'm already 5 months into my mission. The time seriously goes by so fast. This last week we had interviews with President and Hermana Watts. I love them so much and it is always great talking to president. He told us that we need to try to change the way the members think about missionary work. Many times we think it is our job as missionaries to work and we can use the members to help us out, but it is the other way around. The missionary work is the job of the members and they need to use us to get the work done. As missionaries we are going to try to change the form of thinking of the members. Another thing that president told me that really pumped me up was that when we are knocking on someones door it is the same as the kingdom of God knocking on their door, the only means of salvation is knocking on their door. He then asked if we are take our calling that serious whenever we knock on doors? This last week we tried to put three different baptism dates, but all three of them can't go because they don't have documents from the government to become married. The majority of the people here are ¨married¨ but not legally married, due to money issues.

Well I would like to share how I know that this work truly is the work of God. As missionaries we are the hope of Israel. It is strange to think of such a grand responsibility we have when we only have 19 years. I know that this church is the only church of God on the face of the earth. Elder Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment