March 1, 2013

February 11, 2013

Well I started this week off with a division on Tuesday with another Elder from my district. It was a fun break from my comps jokes. But we did not have very many set appointments, so we spent a lot of the division touching doors. It was hard because my comp on the division was a 18 year old kid who only has a month in the mission (Guatemalan who is waiting for his visa toArgentina, I bet Jared could relate). He speaks Spanish because he is Latino, but doesn't have a clue what to say when we are contacting, so I ended up doing almost all of the speaking. We ended up touching the door of an older lady that was a very strong evangelical Christan and wanted to only tell us how we are going to hell. She told me that Joseph Smith was an apostate false prophet and that we need to decide if we are going to continue to live the doctrines of the Mormon church or live the doctrine of Jesus. I seriously felt offended by her comments. I then asked her if she has ever read the Book of Mormon. She said no and doesn't need to because she has the Bible and already knows our church isn't true. I told her that she can only know if the Book of Mormon is from reading it. She agreed. And I told her that I have read the Book of Mormon and I can tell her that I know with all of my heart that it is a book inspired by God, but you can NEVER tell my that it is not true until you read it ask God if its true. I then invited her to accept a copy of the Book of Mormon, but she unfortunately said no. I wasted one hour arguing with her while my Spanish speaking comp didn't say a single word.

 On Thursday I had a very funny experience. My comp and I were walking back to our house after working and he turned to me and said dude we gotta run because I'm going to crap myself. We arrived to our apartment only to find our that the toiletwas clogged and we don't have a plunger. So we ran to the other missionaries apartment in our complex to use their bathroom. Well they came home late so they weren't home. My comp screamed and was acting like we were being chased by a serial killer and out of no where he broke down their front door and sprinted to the bathroom. The other Elders were so mad!  But my comp said that if it was one second later he would of crapped himself. Now he is trying to figure out how to pay for a new door. Haha I still laugh thinking about this story.

Well I know that this work is true. The Book of Mormon is such a great gift from our heavenly father. We can all become closer to Christ by reading and living its teachings.

Elder SImon

No comments:

Post a Comment