April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Well this last week was a lot longer than a normal week. Last Sunday my companion went to the capital to have his final interview with the president, so I had to stay with the Zone Leaders until my companion arrived on Thursday. But I was also with another missionary in the ZLs house who was waiting for his companion as well. On Tuesday and Wednesday we didn't get to work that much. The ZL's only told us to stay in their house while they went out to work. Two very slow days! But I spent the time with a very awesome new missionary, so it was nice talking to him. On Wednesday we received the phone calls to find out who our companions were going to be. I found out that I'm now Senior Companion and I'm with another Latino missionary. My companion has been out 11 months. He has already been a senior comp and trainer before, but he has made some mistakes during his mission and got put back to JR comp. But right now he is trying to be a really obedient missionary and wants to prove himself this change. I really think we are going to baptize together. 
 
Our attendance in the branch was very sad. We had an attendance of 7! But My comp and I are ready to change that. This week we worked really hard and got a new baptism date. I'm really hoping it doesn't fall through.
 
My time in this area has been the hardest time of my whole life. Missionary work is hard here, but I know that there is a reason that I'm here. I really do believe that the message we share as missionaries is the message that everyone needs in the world. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and can help us bring ourselves closer to Christ. I also believe that The Book of Mormon is the keystone to family unity. 
 
Elder Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment