May 31, 2013

May 30, 2013

Well this week went by super fast! We had a baptism and I think that's the reason why! It really was the best baptism of my mission thus far. On Wednesday we had a lesson with the brother who got baptized and we talked a lot about the restoration of the gospel and how our church is the only church that can preform a valid baptism in the eyes of God. In the end of the lesson he prayed and in is prayer he said thanks to God for calling prophets on the earth again and for permitting the church of Jesus Christ to be restored on the earth again. His eyes were filled with tears and it was such a spiritual moment. On Saturday we took him down to the river with 8 members of the branch to baptize him. My companion hand the great privilege to preform the ordinance and on Sunday I had the great opportunity to confirm him as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ! Moments like that just make me want to work harder to find all of those people waiting for me.
Last night we got our change phone calls and they were not too exciting! Elder Falcon and I are both staying! So that means I'm going to be in the Coban mission for the next 15 months! In the end of June I believe we will be able to meet our new mission president. I'm sad that I'm not going to be in the same mission as President Watts, but I do have a real testimony of the revelation that President receives and I believe that the Lord needs me in this mission. 
I have a very strong testimony of this work. I know that its the work of God and that through this Gospel we can have happiness. When we keep the commandments we are promised by our Heavenly Father to receive blessings, and those blessings bring happiness.
Elder Drew Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment