July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013

One more week done! This week was a good week. We put up three baptism dates for the 24th of August. I'm so excited. This area has changed so much since I've been here I really hope I will be given the chance to stay here to see more of the progress here. I almost have 5 months in this area so its very likely I will be changed, but we will see. Next month I think we will be moving into a new house (without rats) yay. 

I'm very thankful for the chance I have to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that this is His work. I'm so thankful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. The Lord wants us to be happy. 

Elder Simon
________________________________________________

*I emailed Drew back and forth and we talked about the accident last week where Elder Burton was hurt and then passed away.  Drew said that it is common for all of the missionaries to hop into the back of trucks to hitch rides between villages.  He said that this truck that had 6 missionaries in the back went over an embankment and down a big ledge.  The other missionaries have cuts and bruises but nothing serious.  Drew also said that he is not going to catch rides in the back of trucks like this anymore and told me, "Mom, I promise you, I will be returning home in 1 year and 23 days!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment