July 11, 2013

July 8, 2013

What a strange week! This was my first 4th of July outside the United States. I'm very grateful to be from such a great country where I have so many opportunities.  Living in Guatemala for 10 months has helped me see all the blessings I have in the states. This week we didn't have too much success, but we had a baptism so that's something really exciting. And the branch is growing! We had a church attendance of 24! Crazy considering that when I first got here we were only 7. The Lord is blessing the small town of Dolores. I have a firm testimony that He is preparing more people to receive his gospel.  Its very possible that by the time we finish this month we will have 6 baptisms. We just need to work work and work and trust a little bit more in the Lord. 

This week we didn't have changes. We didn't have changes in the whole mission because the new president doesn't want to make changes until he knows all the missionaries. But the good news is that this change is only going to be 4 weeks long instead of 6. 

I'm very thankful to be a missionary and to have a knowledge of the plan of salvation. The Lord loves us and wants to bless us, but we always need to be willing to do His will. Elder Simon






No comments:

Post a Comment