September 10, 2013

September 10, 2013


Ok well this week has probably been the craziest week of my mission. On Tuesday I got a phone call from the Zone Leaders and they told me that Elder Tamayo would be leaving the next day. But there was one problem! There isn't any companionship of three in the whole mission so they would not have anyone that could be my new companion. So I had to leave my area and go down to an area with other elders in my district. Its terrible! We have so many things going on in my area and so many investigators that are getting ready for baptism in the upcoming weeks! So right now we have been going to La Libertad once every few days to work there and then we are back in their area for 4 days. But this won't last too long because next week we have transfers and I will be getting my new companion in those transfers. So I just need to aguantar one more week. Oh something exciting that happened was that we had the first baptism in La Libertad in 6 months. It was a great baptism. 61 members showed up! Oh and we had the highest church attendance in the history of the branch. Before the highest ever was 89. This last week it was 112! Its growing so much. And its sounding like my area is going to get divided this next transfer and they are going to add 2 more elders to La Libertad!
I'm so happy to be here as a missionary helping the growth of the church. I know that this is God's work and that he has a plan for everyone of us. He wants us to be happy. I know that through the gospel of Jesus Christ all men can change and be better people than they have been.
Elder Simon













No comments:

Post a Comment