April 22, 2014

April 21, 2014

This week was tough! It was semana santa, which is like easter for a whole week where no one works, but no one is home. Everyone goes on vacations. 

I almost got killed by a huge snake this week. My companion and I were walking through the weeds by an irrigation canal midday. And out of no where my companion began to run and scream and I didn't have a clue why....then I looked and there was a giant snake next to my foot. I screamed like a little girl! My companion said that as I ran away that it tried to bite me, but missed me by just a few inches. It came after us and could lunge towards us about 3 feet.  Then we began to throw rocks at it, people saw us fighting this snake and they tried to help us, but it escaped by swimming in the canal.  I've never been so close to a snake like that in my life. We were thinking about what would have happened if it had bitten one of us. I'm just so nervous while we walk near that area now.  Aww It was so terrifying. We are just on edge all the time now when were are around that area. I couldn't believe how big it was. God had to have protected us because it was seriously one foot away from my foot. Oh how I would love to have a pic of that monster!  

We also had two baptism dates fall through this week. So sad. They just didn't go to church! We hope that this week will be a lot better.

I know that this is Gods work and that he is constantly guiding us.

Elder Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment